Requirements for Visa Application
Article 61. – […] Once the temporary residency is granted, the foreigner must join the social security system or a private health insurance.
Article 65. – Continuity of residency. The temporary resident may be absent from the country for a maximum period of ninety days for each year, and can accumulate within the period of the validity of his/her residency. In case of non-compliance, the immigration control authority shall impose the sanction provided in the migratory offenses of this Law.
Article 67. – State Sovereignty. The Ecuadorian State through the authority of human mobility has the power to grant or deny a visa to a foreigner. The Ecuadorian State has the power to cancel or revoke the visa due to a motivated reason. The migratory status changes or finishes by ending, cancellation or revocation.
Article 68. – Ending, cancellation and revocation of the visa. The ending of the visa takes place when the time for which the foreigner has been authorized to stay in the country has been fulfilled.
Cancellation is an administrative act that occurs when the event generating the visa ends, this makes it possible to request a new migratory status. Cancellation of the visa occurs when:
1. The facts that justified the granting of the immigration status have disappeared.
2. The foreigner has obtained a new migratory status.
3. The foreigner practices acts of a nature other than the migratory category granted.
Revocation is an administrative sanction ends the migratory status that authorizes a foreigner to stay in the country and proceeds when:
1. Has obtained a sentence enforced by punishable offenses with deprivation of liberty of more than five years, in accordance with the provisions on the expulsion of foreigners determined by the Criminal Law.
2. Has obtained a migratory status in a fraudulent manner, duly verified, in which case will be placed under orders of the competent judicial authority. In accordance with the international instruments ratified by Ecuador, there are exceptions in favor of victims of trafficking in persons or migrant smuggling.
3. The resident person is absent from the country twice, exceeding the periods authorized by this Law.
4. Has committed acts that undermine the security of the State, duly determined by the competent authority.
Article 69. – Change of migratory status. For cases such as ending or cancellation of the migratory status, the foreigner may regularize their stay in the country according to the respective migratory status. In no case, he/she shall have more than one migratory category.
LEGALIZATION, APOSTILLE AND TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTS GRANTED ABROAD.
All the documents that have been granted abroad must be duly apostilled or legalized; additionally if the content of the document is in a language other than Spanish, it must be completely translated.
NATIONAL CITIZENS OF COUNTRIES SUBJECT TO SPECIAL REGIME
In accordance with Ministerial Agreements 0105, September 03, 2010, and 0088, October 30, 2015 and 0098, November 25, 2015; Foreigners who enter as tourists or for specific activities, who have the nationality of one of the 11 countries subject to the Special Regime, must obtain a visa, prior to their entry to Ecuadorian territory. Citizens of the following countries are subject to the Special Regime: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Senegal and Cuba.
TOURIST REGISTRATION FOR HAITIAN CITIZENS
Based on Memorandum No. MREMH-VMH-2015-1980-M dated August 17, 2015, citizens of Haiti who wish to enter Ecuadorian territory, for a period that does not exceed 90 days, and who do not have a valid visa, must already be validated and have received an approval code to be able to enter.
1. The citizen must register in the Tourist Registry System found in the Virtual Consulate platform (www.consuladovirtual.gob.ec).
2. Choose the Tourist Registration option.
3. Complete the form.
4. Attach documents that are required.
5. You will be sent an email indicating whether the validation was performed or if it was denied.
6. In case of positive validation, an approval code will be attached to this mail, and must be used to purchase your ticket to Ecuador and then must be presented to the migration staff upon arrival in the country. The code will be valid for a single occasion and will be valid for a maximum of 10 days from the date of travel. This procedure must be done every time you wish to enter the country.
- List of countries that REQUIRE visas for citizens of Ecuador
- List of countries that NO REQUIRE visas for citizens of Ecuador
Tourist Visa >> Requirements
Humanitarian Visa >> Requirements
Temporary Resident Visa
- REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISAS
- Visa Application Form (PDF file)
- Visa Transfer 12. Non – Immigrant
- Visa Cancellations 12. Non – Immigrant
Permanent Resident Visa
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT VISAS
- Visa Application Form (PDF file)
- Transfer visas 9 – Immigrants
- Visa Cancellations 9 Immigrant